BREAKFAST ANZAC MUESLI
TOTAL FIBRE: 56gm
FIBRE PER SERVE: 9gm
PREP TIME: 15min
COOK TIME: 15-20min
PLANT BASED INGREDIENTS: 8
- Rolled Oats (1 Cup)
- Chia Seeds (½ Cup)
- Flaxseed Meal (½ Cup)
- Chopped Dates or Goji Berries (1½ Cups)
- Shredded Coconut (1 Cup)
- Oat Bran (1 Cup – See Tips)
- Golden Syrup (2 Tbsp – See Tips)
- Tahini (2 Tbsp)
- Salt (1 Pinch)
- Firm Banana (½ Per Serve)
- Olive Oil Spray
WHAT TO PREP
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius fan forced
- Line a flat baking tray with greaseproof paper, set aside
- Measure out the tahini into a saucepan
- Add golden syrup to the tahini & stir through over low heat so it dissolves and combines. (See Tips)
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl & add the tahini mixture
- Make sure all the ingredients are coated in the mixture very well. If it seems a bit dry add a tablespoon of olive oil
- Place on the prepared tray in a single layer & spray with olive oil.
- Pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes, I like mine really toasted & crunchy
- Halfway Through cooking, take out of oven & use tongs & turn over mixture and place back in oven
- Let it cool on the tray REALLY well before you put it in an airtight container
HOW TO PUT TOGETHER
Place some muesli in a jar or a bowl add some chopped banana, some yoghurt and a drizzle of milk. Add some berries or grated apple as well to bump up the fibre.
If you can’t find oat bran, use wheat germ or bran.
If you don’t have golden syrup you can use rice malt syrup, honey or soft brown sugar.