COCONUT & BANANA CAKE
TOTAL FIBRE: 55gm
FIBRE PER SERVE: 7gm
PREP TIME: 10min
COOK TIME: 40-50min
PLANT BASED INGREDIENTS: 5
- Coconut Flour (½ Cup)
- Almond Flour (½ Cup)
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (1 Cup)
- Flax Seeds (½ Cup)
- Baking Powder (1 Tsp)
- Monk Fruit Sugar (½ Cup)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- Melted Butter (½ Cup)
- Sour Cream/Coconut Yoghurt (½ Cup)
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 160 c (320 f) fan-forced
- Melt butter
- Gather all your dry ingredients onto the bench in front of you
- In a large mixing bowl add the dry ingredients & gently combine
- In a separate bowl Mash the bananas with a fork.
- In the same bowl as the banana’s add the melted butter, sour cream, eggs & gently combine with a spatula
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients & gently fold ingredients together.
- Get a loaf tin & generously spray with oil or grease the tin with leftover soft butter
- Line the bottom of the tin with baking paper
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
HOW TO PUT TOGETHER / COOKING
Place the tin into the oven, put your timer on for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes, check the cake. You are looking for it to be firm & springy to the touch in the middle of the cake. And when a skewer is inserted into the middle it comes out clean.
Everybody’s oven cooks differently, so I have checked at 40 minutes. From there decide whether it needs more time. In my oven it usually needs another 10 minutes.
When it’s cooked, take it out of the oven & let it cool COMPLETELY.
When it’s cooled, place a plate on top of the tin & invert it upside down, sliding the cake out of the tin & onto the plate.
Serve warm with butter or coconut yogurt.