TOTAL FIBRE: 40gm
FIBRE PER SERVE: 6.5gm
PREP TIME: 5min
COOK TIME: 10min
PLANT BASED INGREDIENTS: 1
- Almonds with skin on (4 Cups)
- Tamari (2 Tbsp – See Tips)
WHAT TO PREP
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced
- Place some baking paper on a flat tray
- Measure the almonds into a bowl
- Add the tamari & stir around until they are all coated
- Tip them onto the prepared tray
WHAT TO COOK
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- Put your timer on & check them after 5 minutes or so to gauge how
long they need – everyone’s oven is different
- When they smell toasty & look golden take them out of the oven &
tip them onto a plate into a flat layer to cool for a few hours
- Don’t put them in an airtight jar until they are completely cooled or
the heat from them will steam up the jar & make them go soggy
I make double batches of these all the time for snacks & school lunches.
I also use these nuts chopped up & scattered onto any salads, they add a lovely crunch & depth of flavour & half a cup adds another 5 grams of fibre to anything you eat.
Instead of Tamari you can use Light Soy Sauce.